Tax Forms For Social Security Recipients

Millions of taxpayers will now be gathering the forms needed to file federal, state, and local tax returns. If you receive Social Security benefits, one of the forms you may need is the Social Security Benefit Statement, SSA-1099 or 1042S. Social Security mails these forms to all beneficiaries on or before January 31. As of February 1, if you have not received your forms — or cannot find the one that was mailed to you — there’s a new way to get instant access to a printable SSA-1099 or 1042S with an online “my Social Security” account.

Opening a “my Social Security” account is quick, safe, and easy. It only takes a few minutes. In addition to getting an instant replacement SSA-1099 or 1042S, you can get a benefit verification letter, change your address, telephone number, start or change direct deposit information, and get your Social Security earnings record from the convenience of your home. Simply go to