Disability Income Qualfies for Tax Rebates

… If you didn’t owe federal income tax for 2007, you can still get a rebate of $300 (single) or $600 (married filing jointly) if you and/or your spouse had at least $3,000 in what the IRS calls qualifying income.

Qualifying income includes earnings from a job or self-employment, certain Social Security benefits, certain railroad retirement benefits, certain veterans’ benefits and nontaxable combat pay if it is included as earned income on a tax return.

Social Security retirement, survivor and disability benefits qualify, but Supplemental Security Income does not. (SSI provides cash payments to poor people who are aged, blind or disabled.) See details under this link<

Posted in Uncategorized

Comments are closed.