If you have questions about how the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) will affect Social Security services, be reassured that the agency will continue to pay Social Security and SSI benefits.
You can conduct business with Social Security online at www.ssa.gov/onlineservices, including:
- Applying for benefits.
- Setting up or changing direct deposit.
- Checking the status of an application or appeal.
- Requesting a replacement Social Security card.
- Changing their address, if receiving benefits.
- Getting proof of their benefits.
Consider the convenient and secure online services for immediate access to important information, allowing you to avoid unnecessary exposure during the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to the pandemic, be aware that call wait times are much longer than normal.
For more information, you can visit the COVID-19 page at www.ssa.gov/coronavirus, where you can find the services provided, and get important information about deadlines they are extending to ease the burden on them and medical providers during this pandemic.